This is my first “how to” video ever! It’s not awesome. You will be underwhelmed when you see the video. Just a fair warning!
Our middle son sleeps in the top bunk in our RV. The bunk says it has a 150 pound weight limit. We thought we’d have many years left in that bunk. But not even a year in, the bunk started bowing/sagging underneath. Our son is well below the 150 pound weight limit at 90 pounds. This was a very simple project.
What you’ll need
- 2 pieces of 1×3 the length of the bunk
- wood screws
- wood glue
- angle iron (but we have yet to put the angle iron on ours)
- Form a 90 degree angle ‘L’ with the 2 pieces of board
- Use wood glue and screws to secure pieces together
- Place ‘L’ with one board along the backside of the bunk and the other along the bottom
- Secure with screws
- Put angle iron along the verticle
Here’s my video! Ian explains exactly what he did at the end…